** This is part of our Assessment Solution. You will not have this option if you are a free user.
Creating a New Gradebook Entry
To add standards when creating a new gradebook entry, click on the green '+' button in the top right of the page.
Select Gradebook entry from the menu and then select the style you want. The options are:
- Score - score, level or letter-based grades based on an overall value, such as 100
- Binary - a pass / fail assessment
- Rubric - similar to score gradebook entry but also has an attached rubric
- Observation - a non-graded comment or attachment (picture, audio, video, file)
Once you've chosen a style you'll be asked to enter details for the gradebook entry as shown below.
You'll want to start by naming the gradebook entry which is the only mandatory field to fill out.
At this point, you can edit other details of your gradebook entry which include:
- Tag the gradebook entry to a unit
- Determine what students will be covered
- Specify a due date
- Adjust the Category the gradebook entry is part of (will default to the first one in your subject)
- Set it as a summative or formative
- Set it as an extra credit assignment (only available if the gradebook entry is set as summative)
- Attach curriculum/standards to this gradebook entry
- Edit Rubric
- Select which classes you want to copy this gradebook into
To add standards to the gradebook entry, click the Standards tab from the left-hand sidebar of the modal. Under the Standards section, click on the "ADD STANDARDS" button and choose the standards that you'd like to attach.
This information can also be added or changed later.
Editing a Gradebook Entry
To add standards to a gradebook entry that you've already created, click the gear icon on the card.
A window will open identical to that when creating the gradebook entry. Click the "Standards" tab from the left-hand sidebar of the modal. Under the Standards section, click on the "ADD STANDARDS" button and you will be able to search for and add the standards that you need to the gradebook entry!