Creating a New Assessment
To add standards when creating a new assessment, click on the green '+' button in the top right of the page.
Select the style you want for your new assessment. The options are:
- Grade - score, level or letter-based grades based on an overall value, such as 100
- Binary - a pass / fail assessment
- Rubric - similar to grade assessments but also has an attached rubric
Once you've chosen a style you'll be asked to enter details for the assessment as shown below.
You'll want to start by naming the assessment which is the only mandatory field to fill out.
At this point, you can edit other details of your assessment which include:
- Tag assessment to a unit
- Determine what students will be assessed
- Specify a due date
- Adjust the Category the assessment is part of (will default to the first one in your subject)
- Set it as a summative or formative assessment
- Set it as an extra credit assignment (only available if the assessment is set as summative)
- Attach curriculum/standards to this assessment
- Edit Rubric
- Select which classes you want to copy this assessment into
To add standards to the assessment, click the Standards tab from the left-hand sidebar of the modal. Under the Standards section, click on the "ADD STANDARDS" button and choose the standards that you'd like to attach to the assessment.
This information can also be added or changed later.
Editing an Assessment
To add standards to an assessment that you've already created, click the gear icon on the assessment card.
A window will open identical to that when creating the assessment. Click the "Standards" tab from the left-hand sidebar of the modal. Under the Standards section, click on the "ADD STANDARDS" button and you will be able to search for and add the standards that you need to the assessment!