This article will help you with:
- View conversations with your child's teacher.
- Leaving comments.
- View announcements from the teacher.
- Edit your email preferences for notifications.
How do I view conversations with my child’s teacher?
In your Chalk Parent Access view, select a class and click on the “Conversation” tab. From here, you will be able to see all posts, comments and class announcements that your child’s teacher has made.
Has your child’s school or teacher granted you permission to create posts and comments?
Starting a conversation with your child’s teacher:
1. Click on “Start a Conversation...”
2. Type in your message and click “Add Post”. You can also upload files that you would like to send to your child’s teacher.
Leaving a comment:
- Click and type in the comment box under a post. Hit enter when done.
Note: Any posts that your child’s teacher has shared with you will have either two shared permissions. If you see this icon , it means that this conversation is shared between only the teacher and yourself. If you see this icon, it means that this conversation is shared between the teacher, your child and yourself.
How do I view class announcements?
Any class announcements that your child’s teacher has created for a class will also show up under the “Conversations” tab view. They will look like this:
Note: You are not able to comment on announcements that the teacher has created.
How do I edit my email notification settings?
- Click on your avatar at the top right of the screen and select “Email Preferences” from the slide out menu.
- You can toggle the option for: “Notifications when teacher starts a conversation or comments on your child’s student profile”.