In order to plan lessons in Planboard or create assessments in Markboard, you will need to set up your subjects and sections.
- Subjects are relatively straightforward. You might teach Grade 11 English, Grade 10 English and Grade 12 World History all in the same semester. These would get their own subject.
- Sections are the groups of students you teach your subject to. For example, you might teach Grade 11 English to two different sets of students at two different times, but they have the same Curriculum Sets or Standards attached. This means that you would have two sections for that one subject.
This article will show you how to add subjects and sections using the iOS App. Follow the steps below to get started!
1) Tap on the menu button in the top left corner, then tap on 'Subjects'.
2) If you are not in the correct semester, you can change your semester by tapping on the arrow shown.
3) Add a new subject by tapping the '+' button in the bottom left corner.
4) Give your new subject a great name!
5) You can change the colour of the subject by tapping on the eyedropper button to the right of the subject name.
6) You can add more sections by tapping the '+' button in the top right corner, and tapping 'Add Section'.
7) Once you are finished setting up your new subject, you can return to the subjects page by tapping on '< Subjects' in the top left corner.
8) That's it! Now you can start planning when you will teach your subject by adding it to the timetable.