To begin creating an assessment login to Markboard and select the class you're creating an assessment for.
From here click on the green '+' button in the top right of the page.
Select the style you want for your new assessment. The options are:
- Grade - score, level or letter-based grades based on an overall value, such as 100
- Binary - a pass / fail assessment
- Rubric - similar to grade assessments but also has an attached rubric
- Observation - anecdotal comments about students
Once you've chosen a style you'll be asked to enter details for the assessment as shown below
You'll want to start by naming the assessment which is the only mandatory field to fill out.
At this point, you can edit other details of your assessment which include:
- Tag assessment to a unit
- Determine what students will be assessed
- Specify a due date
- Adjust the Category the assessment is part of (will default to the first one in your subject)
- Set it as a summative or formative assessment
- Set it as an extra credit assignment (only available if the assessment is set as summative)
- Attach curriculum/standards to this assessment
- Edit Rubric
- Select which classes you want to copy this assessment into
- Attach files to this assessment
- Attach lesson plans to this assessment
This information can also be added or changed later. (See Edit Assessment article)