Navigate to the individual assessment page that you want to grade by clicking on the assessment card or by clicking on the assessment name in the assessments table view.
To begin grading click on a student cell to display the grading options available
Grading Options - Score
For assessments of the type 'Score' you can grade the student based on an overall score as well as provide comments and attachments to the given grade. These options can be seen once a student has been selected to grade (see below)
Grading Options - Binary
'Binary' assessments have the same options as 'Score' the only difference is that instead of assigning a value grade you set either achieved or did not achieve.
Grading Options - Rubric
For a 'Rubric' assessment, you have the same options as 'Score' where you can assign a grade, comments or attachments. In addition you can also assess the student based on the rubric that you created for this assessment.
- New Attempt: You can create multiple attempts for the student. The latest attempt will be the final mark for the assessment.
- Mark As: You can label an assessment under a student as “Late” or “Unsubmitted” - these do not impact the student’s grade but will create a label that will be visible.
- Omit: You can omit a student’s mark on this assessment from being calculated into the overall grade.
Click on the “Table View” button and click on a cell in the table to enter in a grade. Note that the table view only supports grade entry. In order to access more grading options (eg. comments, omit, multi-attempts) you will need to do so from the individual assessment view.
- You can also use the up or down arrows on your keyboard to quickly enter grades for multiple students.
- To get more information about the assessment at a glance, hover over the assessment name and a tooltip will appear.