** This is for paid clients. You will not have this option if you are a free user.
The reason to upload your student data through CSV syncing is to identify each of your students for the upcoming school year, their school emails and the emails of their guardians. (HINT: If no student or parent access is needed, you may leave the email fields blank. Your account administrator will send the email invites to parents and students.) In the Student Data CSV file there are six different categories.
- StudentID: A unique number or code to identify each individual student
- FirstName: The student’s first name.
- LastName: The student’s surname.
- GradeLevel: The current grade for the student. This is required in order to group by 'Grade Level' when generating Student Progress Reports as an Administrator
- Email: The student’s school email address. NOTE: This is only required for Student Access.
- GuardianEmail: Parent email address for each parent to access their child's grades for Guardian accounts. There is no limit on the number of parent accounts that can be connected. Simply add more columns with the 'GuardianEmail' header to include additional accounts connected to that student (Example: GuardianEmail1, GuardianEmail2, etc). NOTE: This is required to set-up Guardian Access.
Your CSV file should look something like this when it is finished:
Click here to download a Sample Student CSV.
Visit these articles on how to create the other three CSVs for your school: