Welcome to Chalk's guide to taking full advantage of the Assessment Solution as an administrator!
This series of lessons is a structured how-to guide of Assessment features, and how to get full value of the Assessment solution for your school or institution.
Important Note: It is important that all of the admin portions of Chalk are setup according to school standards ahead of teachers using Markboard, because once assessments are created, grades input, or attendance is taken, you will need to reach out to email@example.com for assistance in changing different parts.
Before setting up your school year, teachers, and students, it is important that you become familiar with the Admin App, and the permissions needed for administrators, and teachers. The articles below will help you walk through setting up your account.
- This article is a quick overview of how to log into the Admin application and help you get familiar with the navigation of the application.
- This article is an overview of the Assessment Admin features and what features you can expect to be enabled for the Assessment Solution.
- This article will give an overview of how to set User Permissions, giving the option to other users in your Institution, Group or School permissions as Admins, Insight viewers, Importer Exporters (which will tie in with Lesson 3: CSV Uploading) & Support Teacher.
- As your Institution's administrator, you can help save the time of your teachers by setting up your Institution's known off-days. For example, Winter or Spring Breaks, National Holidays, or Professional development days.
- There are definite advantages to organizing your Institution in Schools and Groups! This article is a quick overview in the reasoning behind this. Note: Make sure to continue with "How do I create Schools and Groups?" and "How do I add users to Schools and Groups?" to take full advantage of these features.