This lesson will provide you a step by step guide on setting up the school year in Chalk. This is important to do so that classes, and grades are properly organized for the year. We will start by becoming familiar with Assessment solution terminology, and then setting up the year. This should be done ahead of any CSV uploading, which will be discussed in Lesson 3.
- Due to different districts using different terms in their schools, this article is a quick overview in the terminology that Chalk uses in the platform when setting up your school year!
- Setting up your School Year is the first step! This article will help you set up the over-all year for your Institution. Note: After your first year with Chalk Assessment, you'll want to read the article titled "How do I set up my School Year after Year 1?"
- Setting up your terms allows for you to section off your school year for the time periods that you're teaching the same subjects to the same group of students.
- This article goes over Grading Periods, which allows you to set up time periods within terms to collect marks. (For example, midterm reports).
- This article goes over the optional feature that allows you to collect grades from multiple grading periods.