Now that we have a school year, terms and grading periods setup, it is time to setup users!
With the Assessment solution, inputting users is done through CSV uploading, so below are step-by-step guides for what you need to successfully add Teachers, Students, Classlists and Enrollment CSVs into the system.
Note: This video is also broken down section by section in the following CSV articles!
Data syncing is how your school integrates your data into Chalk from your SIS to make onboarding easy. We recommend CSV uploading at the beginning of the school year and term, in order to get all of your information into Chalk and save time, instead of manually inputting your data individually. You are able to sync your information at the frequency of your choice with four different CSV files: Teachers CSV, Student CSV, Classlist CSV and Enrollment CSV.
- How do I create a Teacher CSV?
- How do I create a Student CSV?
- How do I create a Classlist CSV?
- How do I create an Enrollment CSV?
Note: If you're having trouble, we also have an article and video on saving your CSV files in Excel. Click here for more help!
Click here for a handy PDF checklist to ensure you've got all your data covered!
- Chalk allows you to download your most recent CSV for your own files, as well as to use to make any edits. It will also help you with setting up your CSVs after Year 1.
How do I manage smaller updates to my school throughout the year?
Once you have mass uploaded your data through CSVs at the beginning of the year, you can make changes on a smaller scale through Chalk itself. Take a look at the following articles for how to manually create a single classlist, how to enroll a student to a classlist and how to manage teachers within a classlist.
- How do I manually create a classlist?
- How do I manually enroll a student to a classlist?
- How do I manually add teachers to classlists?
Click here for Lesson 4: Student & Guardian Access!