How do I check my billing status and expiry date?
Select the navigation menu in the top left-hand corner, and click on the Admin option
Click on the Billing tab on the left sidebar
Your current billing status, expiry date, and current plan information should be shown in a section labelled Instruction Team Plan.
What does my billing status mean?
New subscriptions will progress through 5 different stages of billing:
1. Free Trial: You will begin on a 30-day free trial with no commitment necessary. We recommend using this time to understand Chalk Instruction, set up your team, and decide if Instruction is right for you. If you wish to progress through the billing process, simply click on the Subscribe to keep Using Instruction button to send a request for a formal contract for your current plan. If you wish to change your plan before requesting a contract, you can find out more information in How do I Change my Subscription Plan?.
NOTE: Changing your plan after requesting a contract will require signing another contract and/or receiving another invoice. It is recommended that the plan you have selected when requesting a contract will be sufficient for all of your Chalk Instruction usage.
2. Free Trial - Contract Requested: Your request for a contract has been sent to our billing department. They will reach out via email with further details and next steps. In most cases, a contract will be sent electronically, detailing your current plan, pricing, maximum number of accounts, and other information.
3. Free Trial - Contract Sent: Our billing department has now sent out a contract to your admin. Once the contract has been signed by both parties, the first invoice will be sent, as per the signed contract. If you have any questions about the contract itself, please either respond to the billing department’s email directly or reach out to email@example.com.
4. Subscribed - Payment Due: Payment is now due at Chalk. We accept most methods of payment, including cheque, credit card, bank draft, etc. NOTE: Payments in the middle of processing will remain in this state until processing has been completed.
5. Subscribed - Payment Received: Congratulations! We have received and processed your payment for Chalk Instruction! Your plan expiry date will now change accordingly.
NOTE: We will notify you 60 days before your next expiry date that your Instruction plan is about to expire, and an invoice will be sent.
How often am I billed?
You are billed once per year at the start of your billing cycle.
What happens if my plan expires?
If your plan expires, your entire team will lose access to all of Chalk Instruction’s additional features, including teacher collaboration and the ability to provide lesson feedback.
Don’t worry though! All of your shared resources and content will not be deleted from Chalk. If you wish to continue to use Instruction and regain access to all of its features, you can simply visit the Admin page again by selecting the navigation menu in the top left-hand corner, and click on the Admin option.
Now, click on the Choose a Plan button.
Select the plan most appropriate for your needs, and click Choose Plan.
Our billing team will now be notified of your request and will send a new contract and/or invoice based on the plan selected. At this stage, your billing status will be set to Contract Sent.