Score assessments are the most commonly used option in Chalk, because of how flexible they are in representing different types of assessments. Whether the assessment is homework, a quiz, a project, or a test the Score assessment allows you to represent the grade as a fraction. This makes it easy to accurately reflect how the students performed.
In the top right hand corner within your Subject in Markboard, select
Once you’ve selected Score, you’ll be asked to enter details for the assessment as shown below, and mapped A-E.
- A: Make sure to name your Assessment to keep track of which assessment is which. Note: This is the only field that must be filled out to save an assessment.
- B: Adjust the Out of to mirror how the assessment is being graded. Note: this does not impact the weight of this assessment.
- C: Set the due date. The default due date is always the day you’re inputting assessments.
- D: What category does this assessment fall in? Selected category will appear with weighting percentage and coloured, according to the set colour in settings.
- E: Set it as a summative or formative assessment (the default is summative). Formative will have no impact on a student’s calculated grade.
When you’re done these steps, click Create Assessment and it will take you straight to the evaluation page. If you have marks, you can enter them here, or simply return to the Assessments main page to continue to create additional assessments.
Need to edit, delete, or create an extra credit assessments?