** This is part of our Assessment Solution. You will not have this option if you are a free user.
Once you have finished grading the assessments, it’s now time to return it back to your students. When you return an assessment back to the student, they will be able to view:
- The final grade and point achieved on each question
- Their response on each question and the correct multiple-choice or true/false answer
- Comments on the assessment or individual questions
Note: This will not be visible to students and guardians until the assessment is returned.
There are 2 options on how you can return assessments to students once they have been graded. You can access these options from the assessment settings window. Be sure to set this prior to publishing an assessment. To do so, click the gear icon in the header of the assessment.
Method 1: Return Manually
This is the default option whenever you create a new assessment. It means that you have to manually take action to return the assessments to students. To return assessments, go to the Grading view and either:
- Click on Return All Assessments. This will return the assessment back to every student in the class at once. Any unsubmitted or ungraded work would also be returned back to students. You can update point values for the entire assessment and for individual questions after you have returned the assessment. We recommend that you use this button only after all assessments have been graded.
- Click on Return on an individual student. This will return the assessment back to that student.
Method 2: Return Automatically
This option allows Markboard to automatically return assessments back to students.
Note: Written response or file upload questions cannot be auto-graded so a student will see a lower grade until you have manually graded these. It is ideal to use this option for assessments with multiple-choice and true/false type of questions.
You can set when Markboard auto-returns assessments back to students:
- Return Upon Completion: Select this option if you want to return the assessment as soon as a student submits an attempt.
- Return at Close Time: Select this option if you want to return the assessment to all students once it has closed.