When your teacher has assigned you an assessment, it will appear in your Chalk app under the Class Feed tab.
Click on the assessment card to get started.
You will be brought to the overview page for the assessment. Before starting the assessment, take some time to familiarize yourself with this page.
- (A) Due Date: Indicates when the assessment closes. You will not be able to take the assessment after that time. However, if late submission is allowed, you will be able to submit in your work after the close date. Note that it will be marked as late.
- (B) General information:
- Status: Indicates if you have submitted this assessment, or are currently in progress.
- Attempts Allowed: Indicates how many attempts you have remaining
- Timer: Indicates how much time you have to complete the assessment.
- Points: Indicates the total out-of value for the assessment.
- (C) Instructions: Any general instructions your teacher has provided for this assessment.
- (D) Resources: Any resources for this assessment that your teacher has uploaded. Click on a file to download it.
- (E) Grade: The grade you received on the assessment once the teacher has returned it back to you.
When you are ready to start the assessment, click on the Take Assessment button.
When you start an assessment, you can view the following information:
- (A) Timer Indicator: If there is a time limit on the assessment, it is shown here. You will get a warning when there is 1 minute remaining on the time. When the timer runs out, you will no longer be able to answer questions. Instead, you will need to submit the assessment.
- (B) Assessment Progress Sidebar:
Question: Indicates a question and whether you have answered it. It also shows the question point value and if you have bookmarked it for review.
- Instructions: Indicates instructions that your teacher has left for you for completing questions below it.
- Review for Submission: Indicates any unanswered or bookmarked questions that needs review.
When you have finished your assessment, go to the Review for Submission step. Then, click on Submit Assessment to turn in your work.
Please note: Chalk Guardian Accounts are only available for parents whose children are in schools subscribed to Chalk. Learn more about how to bring this to your child's school.